04 July 2011

Summer Stings!


We got our first wasp sting of the summer this morning.  We were at the park and our son ran, fell, got up and cried screaming, “I got stinged”.  His skin welted and turned red.  The little trooper cried a bit more and then went back to play.  I monitored the bite site and his well-being over the next half hour; all good.  Our daughter could have been a different story.  If you or your child is allergic to insect bites/stings, seek immediate medical attention.

When we got home, I dabbed a paste of baking soda and organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar with the ‘mother’ on the bite.  The swelling and redness soon subsided.  He complained about the smell for a minute and off he ran. 

I watched the kids play in the yard.  By the time we were done, I had several insect bites on my arms and legs.  Oh, they itched.  I dabbed on the apple cider vinegar and the itching ceased immediately.  I wasn’t anxious for the occasion to test out these remedies, but hey, they work.

Thanks: publicdomainpictures.net

No comments:

Post a Comment